- Santa Clara Unified School District
Summer Learning with i-Ready
Dear kindergarten through 8th grade families,
Helping your child remain academically engaged over summer vacation is important so that your child can retain everything they learned and achieved during the previous school year. i-Ready can help!
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program for reading and mathematics that helps your student’s teacher(s) determine your student’s individual needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready consists of two parts: Diagnostic and Personalized Instruction. Learn more about i-Ready by watching this video!
What is Personalized Instruction?
i-Ready Personalized Instruction provides students with lessons based on their individual skill levels and needs, so your student can learn at a pace that is just right for them. These lessons are fun and interactive to keep your student engaged as they learn.
During the summer, i-Ready’s Personalized Instruction will be available to students in kindergarten through 8th Grade until July 27.
Can Families Access the Diagnostic Tool?
i-Ready’s Diagnostic tool will not be available during the summer as it is only available for use by teachers during the school year.
Your child can work on i-Ready in math and reading from any computer with internet access. Log-in Instructions are provided below:
Students will continue to gain access through their SCUSD Clever account
- Website: https://clever.com/in/santaclarausd
- Select “Log in with Google”
- Username: Use your student’s SCUSD Google Account (e.g. “s” followed by 6-digit ID number)
- Password: Same password used to access SCUSD Chromebook
i-Ready will be available until July 27, after this date the system will not be available until the following school year starts.
How Can Families Help?
You can help support your child’s learning by:
Asking questions about each i-Ready lesson:
- What is one thing you learned in your lesson?
- What was one thing you thought was difficult?
- What is a new word you learned in your lesson?
Checking your child’s progress by clicking on the “My Progress” icon. Some questions you can ask your child about “My Progress”
- What do you notice when you look at this data?
- What is something you feel you are doing really well?
- What areas are challenging you?
We recommend that students work on i-Ready’s personalized instruction for 45 minutes each week in both reading and math. Students are welcome to do more than 45 minutes a week, but it is not recommended for them to be on for increments longer than 30 minutes.
Some goals to set with your child include:
- Complete 45 minutes each week of personalized instruction in both Reading and Math
- Called “Time-On-Task” in “My Progress”
- Completing one lesson each week in both reading and math with a score of 70% or higher
- Found under “My Progress” by selecting “Completed Work”
If you are experiencing problems using your Chromebook or logging into i-Ready on your device, please contact the IT Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing problems accessing Personalized Instruction lessons in i-Ready, please contact the Data, Assessment, and Accountability Department at email@example.com.