- Santa Clara Unified School District
Abram Agnew Elementary School and Dolores Huerta Middle School Letter to Families
We are excited to share that Abram Agnew Elementary School and Dolores Huerta Middle School will open in the north San Jose area of Santa Clara Unified School District in August 2021 and serve as public neighborhood schools. We are reaching out to you as, based on district records, your address falls within the enrollment boundaries of these new schools.
Eligible Grade Levels
For the 2021-2022 school year, Abram Agnew Elementary School will open with grades kindergarten through second, and Dolores Huerta Middle School will open with sixth grade only; a new grade will be added each year as the students progress to the next grade level. For students in these grade levels in the 2021-2022 school year who live in the new attendance boundaries, Abram Agnew Elementary or Dolores Huerta Middle will become their home school.
However, K-2nd grade siblings of 3-5th grade students and/or 6th grade siblings of 7-8th grade students may attend the same school as their older sibling(s), if requested by the family. Our Enrollment Center will be sending you a form so you can indicate whether you want your child to stay with their sibling or move to the new school.
Family Information Webinars
For more information about the new schools, families are invited to attend one of the virtual community information session dates:
December 3, 2020 | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Meeting Access
- Webinar ID (if needed): 822 6851 5063
December 8, 2020 | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m
- Meeting Access
- Webinar ID (if needed): 886 9935 2501
January 12, 2020 | 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Meeting Access
- Webinar ID (if needed): 852 4501 6882
The meetings will be in webinar format and will be offered in English and Spanish. All meeting sessions can be accessed using the links above (some computers may request the webinar ID so please make note of this). Submit your questions for the webinar presenters at www.santaclarausd.org/AgnewHuerta/Questions no later than 24 hours before the meeting you plan to attend.
Next Steps for Families
- If your child currently attends an SCUSD school and will be in 1st, 2nd, or 6th grade in August 2021, and you want your child to attend the new schools, you don’t have to do anything; your child will be automatically registered for the new school(s).
- If your child is currently on open enrollment at an SCUSD school, and you want your child to remain there, you don’t have to do anything. If you are interested in moving your child to the new schools, then you must apply through the open enrollment process.
- If your child will be in K-2nd or 6th grade and is new to SCUSD, enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year begins January 6, 2021.
- If your child will be in K-2nd or 6th grade and has an older sibling at another school, our Enrollment Center will be sending you a form so you can indicate whether you want your child to stay with their sibling or move to the new school.
- If you wish your child to attend one of the other district schools under the open enrollment process, the open enrollment window is January 6 - February 5, 2021.
More information about enrollment can be found at www.santaclarausd.org/enrollment.
Stella M. Kemp, Ed.D.
Founding Principal Abram Agnew Elementary School
Founding Principal Dolores Huerta Middle School