Return to Headlines
Board Briefs: Highlights from the December 12 Board Meeting
In an effort to keep the community up-to-date and informed of actions by the Board of Trustees, we share Board Briefs. Please visit our Agenda Online page to view the current and all previous board agendas.
Items of Interest
Election of Officers and Reorganization
- Board President, Michele Ryan, Ph.D. for a second-year term.
- Board Vice President, Jodi Muirhead for a second-year term.
- Board Clerk, Mark Richardson for a second-year term.
- Board Secretary, Stella M. Kemp, Ed.D.
- 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 board meeting calendar. The Board of Trustees will meet the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the District Office. Changes to the meeting schedule are as follows: no meeting in July 2020 (summer schedule), November 13, 2020 (only one meeting in November due to the Thanksgiving Holiday), and December 10, 2020 (only one meeting in December due to the Holiday Break), and to add a second meeting in February 2021. Exception in January 2020 for the third and fifth Thursdays.
Public Hearing and Planning
- Input and discussion about the three new schools on the Agnews Campus. The Board will discuss and take action on the recommendations at the January 16, 2020 regular board meeting. A community poll will be conducted from December 16 to January 10 at www.santaclarausd.org/nameourschools. Naming of Schools on Agnews Presentation
- Appointment of Shari Giacomini as the new program specialist for the Special Education department.
- Appointment of Lissette Moore-Guerra as the new coordinator for the Health and Wellness department.
- Extension of Classified School Employee Summer Assistance Program AB 1808.
- 2019-2020 First Interim Budget. 2019-2020 First Interim Budget Presentation
- Centralized Enrollment Center Presentation
- New Job Description – Enrollment Center Technician
- New Job Description – Enrollment Center Manager
- Superintendent Report
- Director of Bond Projects Report
- Director of Facility Development and Planning Report
- Code to the Future
- Board committees for the 2020 calendar year.
- Proposed future presentation regarding school safety and safe routes to school.