Return to Headlines
Board Briefs: Highlights from the February 7, 2019 Board Meeting
- Recognize school psychologist, Laura Whitmore. Laura was honored posthumously with the Nadine M. Lambert Award for Region II from the California Association for School Psychologists.
- Recognize our 35 Year Partnership with the Santa Visits Alviso Foundation for their support of students and families in the George Mayne Elementary School and Alviso community.
- View the Bond Projects department report.
- Educational Options Director Brenda Carrillo presented an update on actions and services offered by the Family Resource Center (FRC) to support family engagement per the District's Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) and Strategic Plan goals. The FRC directly supports our Strategic Plan goal of Family Engagement with a focus on fostering a sense of belonging for all families so that students may reach their full potential. View the FRC presentation slides. View the FRC summary report.
- Bond Projects Director Larry Adams reported on a plan to create a consolidated Independent Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee for Measures BB-2018, H-2014, H-2010, and J-2004. Several related documents can be viewed on the full agenda.
- Public Information Officer Jennifer Dericco gave a report showcasing the district’s new online community engagement platform, Thoughtexchange. View the Thoughtexchange presentation slides.
- Discussion on an initial master plan for the Measure BB-2018 bond program. View the Measure BB presentation slides.
- Approval of a tentative agreement to increase the salary schedules for the children center and state preschool permit teachers by 3% effective July 1, 2018.
- Approval of a tentative agreement to increase the salary schedules for state preschool, children center, extended day, and district preschoolclassified employees by 3% effective July 1, 2018.
- Approval of an increate to the salary schedule of unrepresented hourly employees by 3% effective March 1, 2019.
- Approval of a 5% increase to the monthly stipends of members of the Board of Trustees per Board Policy 9250 and California Education Code Section 35120. The current monthly rate of $441 has been in place since before the Great Recession, although it was temporarily adjusted downward during that time and restored in 2014.
- Resolution #19-03—Waiver for the observance of Lincoln’s Birthday
- Resolution #19-07, Affirmation of March as Women’s History Month
- Resolution #19-08, Affirmation of March as National Reading Month