Aeries Parent Portal
State Test Results and Parent Contact Information
Starting with the 2019-2020 school year, Santa Clara Unified parent/guardians are being asked to use the Aeries Parent Portal to view your students’ state test results and update emergency contact information.
Your child’s state test results will be available year-round. If your child is an English learner, they will have ELPAC test results. If your child is in grades 4-8 or grade 12 in the 2019-20 school year, they will have state test results for English Language Arts and Mathematics (CAASPP).
The emergency contact information page will be available to update through the Aeries Parent portal, through August 30, 2019.
Aeries Parent Portal Login Page Instructions
If you already have an account, you can log in to your Aeries Parent Portal and skip to step "7" or "8" in the list of instructions below.
If you are new to Aeries, follow the steps below to create your own account.
Step 1: Select Create New Account
- Go to the Aeries Parent Portal website at www.santaclarausd.net/parentportal
- On the login page, click "Create New Account"
Step 2: Select Parent/Guardian Account
- Click the Parent/Guardian button
- Click Next
Step 3: Enter Account Information
- Type your email address*
- Re-type your email address*
- Type a password — must be at least 6 characters long
- Re-type password
- Click "Next"
* If you do not have an email address, you can create a free account with Google Gmail, Microsoft Outlook or another provider.
Step 4: Open Your Email Program
- Open your Email program in another window,
- Open the message from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the "confirm current email address" link
Step 5: Complete Email Verification
- Enter your email address
- Enter the email code — "email code” should not be confused with the verification code
- Click "Accept"
Step 6: Return to Login Page
- Click the "Return to Login Page" link on the screen
Step 7: Student Verification
You will need the following information to complete the verification process for your child. If you have more than one child in Santa Clara Unified, each child will have a unique verification code. Your child’s verification code will NEVER change. You only need to do this process once.
- 6-digit student permanent ID number
- 10-digit primary telephone number
- Verification code
If you do not have this information, please contact your child's school.
Log in using your email address and password, then enter the following:
- 6-digit Student Permanent ID number
- 10-digit home telephone number
- Verification code
- Click "Next"
Step 8: Data Confirmation, Updating and Printing Emergency Card
- You will now see several tabs: Click on Student Info (1), Data Confirmation (2) and Student (3)
- Change (4), or Confirm and Continue (5)
- Continue through Final Data Confirmation (6)
- Print New Emergency Card (7)
- It is required that you update and provide a signed copy of your student’s emergency contact information to your child’s school every year, and whenever that information changes.
- If you are already logged into the portal for one child, you may hover over change student and click on add new student:
Step 9: View Your Child's State Test Scores Report
- After logging into the Aeries Parent Portal (or updating the emergency contact information), hover your mouse over "Test Scores"
- Click on "State Test Scores Reports"
- Click on an available test result under CAASPP or ELPAC
Note: If the score report does not open when you click on it, it may be that the report opens in a new tab and some internet browsers prevent this. If that happens:
- Right click on the report you want to view
- Under the menu that opens, click “Open link in new tab” or “Open link in a new window”
Please click on all of the informational links available on your student’s test score reports to help you better understand your child’s performance/progress on these tests. If you have any questions about your child’s performance on the state tests, be sure to make an appointment with your child’s teacher to discuss the results. The same reports are available to teachers in their version of the Aeries Student Information system. We invite you to join us at one of the informational meetings we will hold this fall (see below). Any parent can attend any meeting, regardless of where your student attends school.
Parent Meetings to support access to the Parent Portal and Electronic Test Score Reports:
- Wednesday, August 21st at Santa Clara High School Library, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Monday, September 9th at Hughes Elementary Library, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Monday, September 16th at Cabrillo Middle School Library, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19th at Don Callejon School Library, 6:30-8 p.m.