Round One Open Enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year opens in January 2024. Check back soon for specific dates.
Please review all of the information below to make sure that you are following the correct procedure.
The Board of Trustees for Santa Clara Unified School District has established a policy of limited Open Enrollment (BP 5116.12 and AR 5116.12) in our District. Although some of our schools are already at capacity, this policy allows families who reside within our district boundaries to request enrollment for their children at any school within our District, when/where space is available. Admittance to the school of your choice under Open Enrollment is done by an annual random lottery system. If you applied last year and were not admitted, you will need to reapply again this year if you want to be considered for your school of choice.
The first round of Open Enrollment for grades Kindergarten - 12 will take place in January 2024. Prior to applying for Open Enrollment, students not attending SCUSD for the 2023-2024 school year must register at their school of residence through our centralized Enrollment Center.
If you do not know your school of residence, please refer to the district's School Locator webpage. You can visit the Enrollment Instructions webpage for more information about the registration process. Please direct any enrollment questions to your school of residence or our Enrollment Center at (408) 423-3596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families with children previously placed at their school of choice through Open Enrollment need only reapply if the child will be changing schools (moving from elementary to middle school or middle school to high school), requesting a different school of choice, or enrolling an additional child (sibling).
- 1st Round of Open Enrollment: January 9, 2023, 9 a.m. to February 3, 2023, at 4 p.m
- 2nd Round of Open Enrollment: March 20, 2023, 9 a.m. to April 14, 2023, at 4 p.m.
- After the Open Enrollment Deadline
- Family Information Sessions
- If You Received an Open Enrollment Acceptance Letter
- If You Received an Open Enrollment Waitlist Letter
- Open Enrollment Priorities Clarified
- Spanish Dual Language Immersion Program
- Students Attending School on an Intradistrict Transfer During the 2022-2023 School Year
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Enrollment
- Washington Open & Millikin Basics+