SCUSD has updated the Open Enrollment (OE) process. Please carefully review all of the information below. The OE Application period for the 2024-2025 year is January 10, 2024 at 9:00 a.m. through February 2, 2024 at 4:00 p.m.The Board of Trustees for Santa Clara Unified School District has established a policy of limited Open Enrollment (BP 5116.12 and AR 5116.12) in our District. Although some of our schools are already at capacity, this policy allows families who reside within our district boundaries to request enrollment for their children at any school within our District, when/where space is available. Admittance to the school of your choice under OE is done by an annual random lottery system.
If you would like your child to attend their school of residence, you do not need to complete an OE application. You will only need to complete a New Student Registration. If you do not know your school of residence, please refer to the district's School Locator webpage.
If you applied for OE last year and were not admitted, you will need to reapply again this year if you want to be considered for your school of choice.
Families with children previously placed at their school of choice through OE need only reapply if the child will be changing schools (moving from elementary to middle school or middle school to high school), requesting a different school of choice, or enrolling an additional child (sibling).
Please direct any enrollment questions to the Enrollment Center at email@example.com or (408) 423-3596.
- Open Enrollment Application Window (Application Period: January 10, 2024 at 9:00 a.m. - February 2, 2024 at 4:00 p.m.)
- Late Application Period
- Open Enrollment Priorities Clarified
- Family Information Sessions
- Elementary Programs/Schools of Choice: Millikin Basics+, Scott Lane Spanish Dual Language Immersion Program & Washington Open
- Secondary Programs/Schools of Choice: Peterson+, Cabrillo/Santa Clara High School 49ers STEM Leadership Institute & Mission Early College High School
- Students Attending School on an Intradistrict Transfer During the Current School Year
- FAQ Frequently Asked Questions