Assessment Changes Due to COVID-19
State Testing | 2019-2020
- CAASPP, Summative and Initial ELPAC were all suspended as of March 2020 due to COVID-19.
- SCUSD did not administer any parts of the CAASPP prior to state test suspension.
- Prior to test suspension, Summative ELPAC was completed for 40% of English learners (1.198 students).
- Initial ELPAC testing resumed, remotely, in August for all new, potential English learners.
State Testing | April 2021 to July 30, 2021
- The 2020-21 Summative ELPAC window opened on February 1. Most Summative ELPAC testing is being conducted remotely. Summative ELPAC testing will continue until complete, or until the window closes on July 30, 2021.
- Inital ELPAC testing for the 2021-2022 school year will begin July 1, 2021.
- Teachers of English learner students with severe disabilities will administer the local alternative EL assessment (CALPS) prior to July 30.
- The state of California approved CAASPP state testing flexibility for spring 2021. SCUSD will administer the iReady Reading and Math Diagnostics to grades 3-8 and CAASPP ELA and Math to 11th grade students.
Areas of Responsibility
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)-State information site
- California Assessment of Student Performance and
- Progress (CAASPP)-State results site
- English Language Proficiency Assessment for California (ELPAC)
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE)
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
Local assessments are used by teachers to analyze curricular and strategy effectiveness, considered as evidence for student progress and grading, and to help guide next steps in teaching, re-engagement and/or support and intervention for the student. At the site and district level, local assessments are used along with state assessments and other data to guide decisions for the Local Control Area Plan (LCAP) and School Site Plans (SPSA's).
- K-5 Reading Level Assessments (Fountas & Pinnell)
- K-5 Mathematics Benchmarks and 6-12 End-of-Course Exams
- K-12 ELA Performance-Based Assessments (PBAs)
- 5-8 Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project (MDTP)
- 6-8 Reading Level Assessment/Reading Inventory Assessment
State & Federal Accountability
- Con App/CARS
- Federal Title I, Part A” (Schoolwide Program allocation and oversight)
- Equitable Services for Private School Students consultation and oversight
- Federal Program Monitoring (FPM)
Data Preparation, Analysis & Support
- Local Control Area Plan (LCAP), including LCAP addendum
- School Site Plans (SPSAs)
- DataZone development & Management
- Professional Development district and site administrators, counselors, and teachers on special assignment (TOSAs)
Sr. Data Technician
Special Projects Data Technician
Staff Secretary II
Other schools/districts requesting individual student CELDT/ELPAC results should email Valerie Hayes.