Rising above in Silicon Valley!
The mission of Santa Clara Unified School District is to prepare students of all ages and abilities to succeed in an ever-changing world.
- Bringing out the full potential in all students and staff
- Fiscal responsibility
- Parental support and involvement
Santa Clara Unified School District serves over 15,400 K-12 students and an additional 6,000 students in Preschool through Adult School. Neighborhoods in the Cities of Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, San Jose, and Cupertino comprise the District's 56 square-mile area. Santa Clara Unified prides itself on having teachers, classified employees, and administrators who are dedicated, experienced professionals who care about each student's well-being and academic preparation.
Our schools offer reading, writing, mathematics, science, social science and physical education at the core of a comprehensive curriculum. Music and choral classes, art, foreign language, dramatic arts, a variety of career technical education classes and competitive athletics are some of the many programs which enrich our students' education. Our students have an abundance of opportunities to explore individual interests through these offerings.
Santa Clara Unified offers a wide array of programs and services to benefit our students and their families including:
- A full range of Special Education services for students with mild to moderate disabilities.
- A supplemental Migrant Education program which assists students with academic services.
- A stimulating, comfortable environment where Limited-English Proficient students can acquire academic skills while learning English.
- A food service program committed to providing appealing, nutritious meals and snacks for breakfast and lunch with free, or reduced-price meals, available for qualified students.