Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
What is the Community Advisory Committee?
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a group of parents, educators and community members interested in helping children who have special educational needs.
Specifically, the CAC:
- Advises the Santa Clara Unified School District Board of Trustees.
- Recommends priorities and issues to be addressed.
- Provides input into the development of our local plan for special education.
- Educates parents, teachers, and others by offering informative meetings and speakers.
- Encourages community involvement.
- Supports activities for students.
Help your child while helping others
Be a partner in positive solutions. The Santa Clara Unified School District and the students it serves benefit from the involvement of the community. You are welcome to participate in the CAC. As a member of the CAC parents:
- Have a voice in the District planning for special education.
- Learn more about the special education process.
- Network with other parents and professionals.
- Have opportunities to suggest and implement your own ideas for parent workshops.
2018-2019 Event Dates
Meetings begin at 6:00 pm (unless noted otherwise). Please see the CAC 2018-2019 meeting schedule for more details.
Megan Fincher, Chair
Lucia Baldwin, Vice Chair
Sara Yoders, Secretary