Teacher Leadership Matters
Teachers who have the desire to pursue leadership opportunities at their sites or at the district level can participate in a series of workshops to improve schools, promote effective collaborative teaching practices, and enhance decision making at the site and district level to create a dynamic teaching profession for the 21st century.
In SCUSD, teacher leaders are catalysts for change who build collaborative communities that increase success for all students. Teacher leaders work with the SCUSD community to improve classroom practice, facilitate decision-making, and support the design of systems and policies that lead to more equitable student outcomes.
Teacher Leader dispositions and attitudes
Student & Equity Centered
- Deep commitment to each and every student’s learning and well-being
- Data-driven with multiple points of perspective
- Actively examines and changes practices to meet the needs of site and community
- Seeks out culturally responsive and restorative curriculum lessons, units and practices.
- Collaborative across disciplines
- Integrates/Values a variety of perspectives
- Humble learner
Confident & Courageous
- Strategic risk-taker
- Perseveres through challenges
- Thinks outside the box
- Welcomes and provides honest feedback
- Influences change
- Reflective thinker
- Growth mindset
- Coachable and open to learning from others
- Willingness to learn new things
Teacher leaders have the opportunity to participate in various professional learning experiences throughout the school year.