Social Media Policy
Social Media Guidelines
Santa Clara Unified School District serves over 15,500 TK-12 grade students, in addition to students in preschool through adult school. Neighborhoods in the Cities of Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, San José, and Cupertino comprise the district's 56 square-mile area. Santa Clara Unified prides itself on having teachers, classified employees and administrators who are dedicated, experienced professionals who care about each student's well-being and academic preparation.
The purpose of Santa Clara Unified's Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube pages is for us to share news and information about SCUSD and public education in our district. We welcome and encourage the community’s contributions to our social media in the form of comments, photo tagging, shares, etc. SCUSD's Facebook page is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
SCUSD abides by each platform's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, and asks our community to do the same. SCUSD reserves the right, but is not obligated to remove comments and images that:
- are defamatory, discriminatory, harassing, bullying, intimidating, hateful, libelous, slanderous or may be considered hostile;
- are obscene, pornographic, contain nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- contain proprietary or unauthorized commercial solicitations, such as spam or include links to other sites;
- are clearly off topic;
- advocate illegal activity or are misleading;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not reflect the official opinions and position of Santa Clara Unified, Santa Clara Unified's Superintendent, or Santa Clara Unified's Board of Trustees.