The Board of Trustees approved an increase to the fees on March 22, 2018, which started May 22, 2018.
- Residential: $3.79 per square foot
- Commercial: $0.61 per square foot
- Self-Storage: $0.052 per square foot
These are the minimum fees required to be paid by Developers and are set by the State Allocation Board (SAB), which oversees the Office of Public School Construction (OPSC).
The actual impact cost of residential construction to school facilities is:
- Single Family Detached: $20.90 per square foot, based on a 2,000 square foot average.
- Multi-family Attached: $28.89 per square foot based on a 1,000 square foot average.
This is a residential monetary shortfall of $17.11 (single family detached) and $25.10 (multi-family attached) per square foot developed.
The actual impact cost of commercial construction to school facilities per square foot constructed is:
- Retail and Services: $2.908
- Office: $4.585
- Research and Development: $3.988
- Industrial/Warehouse/Manufacturing: $3.535
- Hospital: $3.655
- Hotel/Motel: $1.479
- Self Storage: $0.087
The State Statutory fee for commercial construction is $0.61 per square foot.
Due to the monetary shortfall, the District requests Developers to include a Voluntary Community Benefit amount to fully mitigate the actual impact of the development. Please contact the FDP Department for more information or refer to the Developer Fee Justification Studies below.
Developer Fees are no longer paid at the District Office. Payments are now only accepted at the Facility Development and Planning Office located at 3350 Brookdale Ave. Portable P1, behind the Bond Projects Office from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, except Holidays.
Exact cash or checks only. Checks should be made out to Santa Clara Unified School District or SCUSD. We cannot accept credit cards.