Bracher Elementary School Master Plan
Voter-approved general obligation bond Measure BB allocated bond funds to design and build improvements to the site, which may include a larger multipurpose with a kitchen and a stage, a new administration building with wellness and student service areas, and improved parking and traffic flow on campus. In order to create a plan that encompasses all of Bracher's assets, SCUSD is creating a phased master plan for the campus.
A master plan is a dynamic long-term planning document that provides a visionary site plan to guide future expansion with enhanced student and community access to the sites. The master plan construction will be arranged in phases of which, only Phase 1 is funded.
Areas Included in the Master Plan
- Replace the Children’s Center portable buildings with permanent buildings
- Construct new office/administration building with support spaces for student support programs, like wellness
- Construct new classrooms
- Demolish the existing multipurpose building and construct a new larger multipurpose, kitchen and stage
- Build a shade structure for outdoor eating
- Construct new drives, pickup/drop off and parking facilities
- Replace all play structures with all inclusive
- Field renovation
- Enhance site perimeter fencing and gating
- All other buildings and areas on the Bracher Campus
Currently, funding is only identified for Phase 1. The other improvements identified in the Master Plan will be completed as funding is secured for each phase. Once the Master Plan is complete and the Board has approved Phase 1, the design of the new buildings and site will begin.
Security fencing is in design and will be installed first.
May 3, 2022 | Special Board Meeting | Master Plan Update #1 (Postponed from April 7th meeting)
April 26, 2022 | Community Meeting #3 | In-Person during Open House
March 22, 2022 | Community Meeting #2 | Virtual
February 15, 2022 | Community Meeting #1 | Virtual