Complaints about Instructional Materials or Facilities
A Williams Complaint allows a student, family, teacher, or any member of the public, to file grievances regarding K-12 schools for:
- Insufficient textbooks and instructional materials;
- Teacher vacancy or misassignment; and/or
- Facility conditions.
For Preschool/Early Education, complaints may be filed about the following categories:
- The preschool does not have outdoor shade that is safe and in good repair.
- Drinking water is not accessible and/or readily available throughout the day.
- The preschool does not provide safe and sanitary restroom facilities with one toilet and handwashing fixture for every 15 children.
- Restroom facilities are not available only for preschoolers and kindergartners.
- The preschool program does not provide visual supervision of children at all times.
- Indoor or outdoor space is not properly contained or fenced or does not provide sufficient space for the number of children using the space at any given time.
- Playground equipment is not safe, in good repair, or age appropriate.