COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Health officials in Santa Clara County are encouraging those who can get vaccinated to do so in order to reduce the risk of contracting the virus that causes COVID-19.
The County of Santa Clara is now providing COVID-19 vaccinations for children ages 5-11 following the emergency use authorization approval from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Currently, the Pfizer vaccine is the only option for this age group. Parents and guardians should visit www.sccfreevax.org to sign up for an appointment or to find a convenient drop-in location. You can also contact your healthcare provider to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- The vaccine is the best protection against COVID-19
- Parents, know your options and have a plan for your family. Be ready to get your child vaccinated against COVID-19
- The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11 is a kid-sized dose and will still be a two-dose series
- Testing has shown that the vaccines are safe and very effective
- Vaccinated children will be able to participate in more activities and attend more events
SCUSD Vaccination Clinics
Mayne Elementary School
Date and TimeJanuary 20, 2022 | 3:15-7:30 p.m.February 10, 2022 | 3:15-7:30 p.m.
Mayne Elementary School Cafeteria
5030 N. First Street, Alviso
Cabrillo Middle School
Date and TimeJanuary 29, 2022 | 12-7 p.m.February 19, 2022 | 12-7 p.m.
Cabrillo Middle School Cafeteria
2550 Cabrillo Avenue, Santa Clara
- Free vaccines
- No insurance needed
- No appointment needed (first come, first served while supplies last)
- Vaccines available for ages 5 years and upwards
- 1st, 2nd, and booster doses available
For questions about the vaccine clinic, contact (408) 970-2000. For more locations to get vaccinated, visit sccfreevax.org.
County Vaccination Clinics
New appointments are regularly added by the County of Santa Clara Health System and other providers. For the most up-to-date information, including drop-in vaccination sites, please visit the Santa Clara County Public Health Department website.