Infant and Toddler Program
The Infant and Toddler Program provides "hands-on," developmentally appropriate experiences based on current early childhood education, research, and practice, where children can learn through play, grow at their own pace, and feel valued and secure. Infants are encouraged to explore their world with trusted adults to support their learning adventures. The toddler program focuses on social and emotional development and physical and creative development in an active participatory learning environment. Children have the opportunity to learn individually and in small and large groups.
- Infant 6 weeks to 2 years
- Toddlers 2-3 years old.
- 1:4 for Infants and
- 1:8 (up to 1:12) for Toddlers.
Program Schedules and Routines
- Monday-Friday | Full time, 7 a.m.-6 pm.
- 12-month program
Routines are at the heart of infant care and a major part of the curriculum. Your child will be assigned to a primary teacher who will create an individualized care plan based on your child’s physical, emotional and developmental needs. Your child will have many opportunities during feeding, diapering, washing, toileting, and dressing, to learn the following:
- Security and self-esteem
- Pleasure and tactile stimulation
- A sense of time, space, & rhythm
- Independence and competence
- Cognitive and language skills
- Monday-Friday | Full time, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. | Part-time 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- 12-month program
The High Scope daily routine is a consistent framework for the day that provides a balanced variety of experiences and learning opportunities. As your child grows from infant to toddler, a modified preschool daily routine is implemented.
- Indoor and outdoor experiences
- Child-initiated and teacher-initiated activities
- Small group and large group experiences
- Diapering and toilet learning
All food and related items must be labeled with the child’s first and last name.
Infant (6 weeks through 2 years)
- Bottles must be premade.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for providing all meals including breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks.
- Toddlers are provided with a healthy, nutritious snack daily in the morning and the afternoon.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for providing lunch items.
Rosie Flores 408-423-1115 or firstname.lastname@example.org