Aeries Parent Portal FAQs
How do I get an account so I can update my student’s information?
- Parent Portal accounts are generated by the district/school based on parent/guardian email address and the student’s ID. Office staff will generate the account and send the information, via the US Post Office or hand-out.
I received my Parent Portal account information but cannot log on. What do I do?
- Check that the Parent Portal is open — in 2019-2020 the Parent Portal is open from 7/15/2019 until 8/30/2019.
- Is the email address you’re using to log in the same as the email address on the account?
- If not, you need to contact the school’s office to update the email on the student record.
- At that point, they can generate a new parent portal account for you.
- Is your password entered correctly? Passwords are case sensitive. Please check if caps lock is on.
- If you still can’t log on, contact the main office at your student’s school.
I have two students at different schools in the district. Can I use the same Parent Portal account to update both students?
- Yes, once you’ve created your parent account you will be able to add additional students.
- To add another student, you will need to know their student ID number, home phone number, and student verification code.
- Both students will appear in a drop-down menu.
- Highlight the first student and make your changes.
- Highlight the second student and make the changes.
- Changes to one student record will not transfer to the second student.
What information can I update through the parent portal?
- Student data — you can edit home and work phone numbers.
- Emergency contacts — add a new contact, update phone numbers and email addresses, and indicate who is allowed to pick the student up.
- Medical history — you will be able to add/remove medical conditions.
- Any other changes will need to go through the main office at your student’s school.
When/where do I hand in the forms I’ve printed from the portal?
Documents generated by the Parent Portal should be turned in at your student’s school on or before the first day of school.
Will the portal be open all year?
- You can only edit the emergency card information for the 2019-2020 school year from 7/15/2019 through 8/30/2019.
- State test results can be accessed year-round.
- Changes made after that time will need to go through the school’s front office.
- Dates for accessing the Parent Portal next year have not been determined.
I’m trying to log on to the parent portal and am getting Server Error 500. How do I proceed?
- Check the date. Is the Parent Portal open?
- The Parent Portal seems to work best when using Mozilla/Firefox as the browser. Other browsers, namely Chrome and Explorer, tend to have intermittent problems. If you’re receiving a Server error, try using Mozilla/Firefox.
- If you are still having trouble logging in, contact your student’s school. The server may be down or the network may be having problems.
I forgot to update contacts when I was in the parent portal the 1st time (who can pick up my student if I’m not available, etc.). How do I update this information?
- Log into the Aeries Parent Portal.
- Go to "student information," then to "data confirmation," and then to "contacts."
- Highlight the contact name and tap the "change" button. Choose either "yes" or "no" for each contact.
- A blank field will be interpreted as “no.”
- Save your changes, print, and provide a new emergency card to the school.
I don’t have email. How do I update my student’s information?
The online Parent Portal is only accessible if you have an email address. If not, all changes to your student’s record must be made in person at your student’s school.
Will there be tutorials offered on how to use the Parent Portal?
- Yes, here are the dates for the meetings to support access to the Parent Portal and electronic test score reports:
- Wednesday, August 21st at Santa Clara High School Library, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Monday, September 9th at Hughes Elementary Library, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Monday, September 16th at Cabrillo Middle School Library, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19th at Don Callejon School Library, 6:30-8 p.m.
- In addition, there are different levels of support:
- To update emergency card information outside of the window or change details that you do not have access to please contact your school.
- To obtain the verification code needed to link a student to your Parent Portal account, please contact your school.
- For questions about state test results, parents need to contact the Assessment department.
- For technical assistance, email email@example.com.
- You can also visit our Aeries Parent Portal webpage for step-by-step instructions on how to set up your account and access certain areas of the portal.
How do I correct the spelling of my student’s name? I don’t have access to this field via the Parent Portal.
- There are several fields in the student record that cannot be edited by a parent/guardian. Student name and address are two of these fields.
- If you find an error in either of these fields you will need to bring the appropriate proof of residency documentation to the student’s school and have the front office personnel update your student’s record.
- Please visit our Registration Forms and Process webpage to view the proof of residency chart to determine what documentation you will need.