On May 9, 2019, the Santa Clara Unified School District Board of Trustees took final action on a recommendation to reconfigure our elementary, middle, and high school attendance boundaries. This was the final step in a year’s work with the 44-member Agnews Boundary Advisory Committee made up of parents and guardians, high school students, teachers, classified staff, and district staff who recommended two final scenarios for the Board to consider. During this past year, the Committee sought feedback and shared their work with Board members in board study sessions; and with staff, parents, students, and the community in districtwide communications and mailings, two community forums, and Thoughtexchange (an online forum platform to collect and share information with our community).
We are excited to share attendance area changes which will positively impact our students' educational future. Our website will continue to be updated as this information becomes available for interested members of the community.
Some elementary school attendance areas will change:
- To create an attendance area for the elementary school on the Agnews site and balance enrollment for the elementary schools north of Highway 101, the attendance areas for George Mayne, Hughes, and Montague elementary schools will change. The Don Callejon School K-5 grade attendance area will remain the same. Elementary schools south of Highway 101 will not be impacted by these elementary boundary changes.
Most middle school attendance areas will change:
- To create an attendance area for the middle school on the Agnews site and balance enrollment for the middle schools north and south of Highway 101 Freeway, the attendance areas for Buchser, Don Callejon, and Peterson middle schools will change. The Cabrillo Middle School attendance area will remain unchanged.
- The middle school on the Agnews site will serve the students who reside north of Highway 101, except for those in the new Don Callejon School attendance area.
- Don Callejon School will serve 6-8 grade students who reside in the school’s current K-5 grade attendance area.
High school attendance areas will change:
- To create an attendance area for the high school on the Agnews site and balance enrollment for the high schools north and south of Highway 101, the attendance areas for Santa Clara and Wilcox high schools will change.
- The high school on the Agnews site will begin serving students who reside north of Highway 101.
- The Santa Clara and Wilcox high schools attendance areas will remain unchanged for the students who reside south of Highway 101.
Students who attend or wish to attend the schools without boundaries including Millikin Basics+ Elementary School (open enrollment), Washington Open Elementary School (open enrollment), nonpublic schools, the Opportunity Program at Peterson Middle School, Mission Early College High School, Gateway/New Valley High School, Santa Clara Community Day School, and Wilson High School will continue to do so under current admittance procedures, in addition to students attending our other district schools under the open enrollment process.
Please see new elementary, middle, and high school boundaries below. These will take effect for the opening year of the new schools. Please see the Enrollment and Opening subpage for more information.
Note: Labels indicate these boundaries are set beginning in fall 2020. That is based on our original goal of completing construction by August 2020.