Frequently Asked Questions About Registration

  • How do I register my child?

    Find out all you need to know about registration on our Enrollment Instructions webpage.

    What forms do I need to fill out to register my child?

    You can find all of the required forms on our Enrollment Instructions webpage.

    What do I do if I forgot my username and password on the online enrollment system?

    Visit the online enrollment system homepage select "Forgot Username" or "Forgot Password." If you need additional assistance, please contact the Enrollment Center by emailing or calling (408) 423-3596.

    What does "resident address" mean?

    This is the home that you live in.

    What is the difference between "school of residence" and "school of attendance?

    School of residence is the school your child should attend based on your resident address. School of attendance is the school your child currently attends.

    What is a "school of desired attendance" or a "school of choice"?

    This is the school you would like your child to attend.

    How do I find my school of residence?

    You can enter your address on our School Finder webpage.

    What is Open Enrollment?

    The Santa Clara Unified Board of Trustees has established a policy of limited Open Enrollment. Although some of our schools are already at capacity, this policy allows parents who reside within the boundaries of the district to request enrollment of their children at "any District school which may have space available for additional students." Admittance to the school of your choice under the Open Enrollment process is done by an annual random lottery system. For more information visit our Open Enrollment webpage.

    How do I apply for Open Enrollment?

    Please review all of the information provided on the Open Enrollment webpage.

    What if I miss the deadline for registration?

    Registration for your school of residence is ongoing throughout the year for students moving into the area. Deadlines for applying for a school of choice through Open Enrollment can be found on the Open Enrollment webpage.

     What is Transitional Kindergarten (TK)?

    Parents of students who turn 5 years old between September 2 and February 2 of the current school year may choose to register for TK. Currently, our TK students attend school daily on a modified schedule at one of seven district locations. Find out more on the TK webpage.