Use of Facilities
SCUSD Playgrounds, Basketball Courts, and Fields are Open at Middle and Elementary School Sites after 6:00 p.m.
District fields and playgrounds are open for community use after school and on the weekends. Gates in the new fencing will be unlocked after school. School hours include the Extended Day Program, which operates Monday through Friday until 6:00 pm.
Indoor Facilities are Closed and not available for reservations at this time due to the mask mandate for schools.
Closed Fields and Facilities Through June 2022 Due to High Athletic Use by the Schools:
Santa Clara High School
Wilcox High School
Renting our Facilities
Calendars are blocked for 3 weeks from the current date to allow processing time. All reservations must be submitted at least 21 days prior to the first event date.
Santa Clara Unified School District (SCUSD) facilities are provided primarily for the education of students. District facilities are available for community use when the activity is consistent with the best interest of the District and does not interfere with SCUSD educational programs. All groups must apply for and obtain a permit in order to use a district facility. Requests must be submitted through the Facilitron online platform or (800) 272-2962.
Priority Use and Priority Groups
When first registering for a Facilitron account you will be automatically placed in group 4. If you qualify for a different group please upload your qualifying documents and make a note in the comment section. Facilitron and the District will review the documentation and update your account to the appropriate Priority Use Group.
School District Use: School activities, sports, clubs, festivals, and professional development. Group 1 may include: Parent Teacher groups, the SCUSD School Foundation, and booster clubs. No facility use fees, no application fee. Group pays custodial and nutrition services fees, if applicable.
Youth organizations with minimal to no fees: Scouts, Little League, Santa Clara/Sunnyvale Youth Soccer, classes for school students without any fees. No facility use fees (except swimming pools and kitchens. Group pays application fee. Group pays custodial and nutrition services fees, if applicable.
Local youth organizations with at least 80% of participants attending District schools (rosters will be required). Group 2 may include: After-school, weekend programs, and sports. Group pays facility use and application fees. Group pays custodial and nutrition services fees, if applicable.
Local youth organizations with less than 80% of participants attending District schools (rosters may be required). Group 3 may include: After-school, weekend programs, and sports. Group pays facility use fees and applciation fees. Group pays custodial and nutrition services fees, if applicable.
Adult organizations or events with any participant over 18 years of age. Group 4 may include: Sports, workshops, classes, religious organizations, private events, social activities, and charitable organizations. Group pays facility use and application fees. Group pays custodial and nutrition services fees, if applicable.
Use of Facility Fees and Custodial Fees apply. Custodial hours apply M-F if the custodian is not already on site, weekends, and District Holidays. Wilson custodial hours apply M-F after 10:00 p.m., after 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, all day Sunday, and District Holidays. Custodial hours may change according to district schedules. Summer custodial hours vary by site. DUe to COVID-19 a one hour minimum custodial charge is added to every reservation.
Fees for Use of district facilities and grounds:
- Nutrition Services: $55.00 per hour (2-hour minimum)
- Custodian charge: $60.00 per hour
Cancellation Policy for District Facilities and Grounds
- Application fee is non-refundable.
- Cancellation prior to 3 (three) weeks to the date of the event: 100% refund for use fees, custodial fees, and equipment fees.
- Cancellation prior to 1 (one) week to the date of the event: 50% refund for use fees, custodial fees, and equipment fees.
- Cancellation within 6 (six) calendar days of event - fees are non-refundable.
- Cancellation must be entered into the online reservation system by the time frame above to be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations due to weather will be considered per event.
- No shows will be charged the entire reservation amount.
- Reservations will be canceled if the reservation is not paid in full as agreed, or if any requested documentation, including correct insurance, is not uploaded to the online system 1 (one week) in advance without a refund.
- Kitchen facilities shall not be used unless supervised by District Nutrition Services personnel. Use of kitchen facilities includes use of equipment, sinks, warmers, or any other item/equipment in the kitchen, multipurpose, or other facility used by Nutrition Services. This is an additional fee. Custodial fees also apply.
- All requests for kitchen use shall be approved by Nutrition Services prior to the permit approval.
Selling Goods or Foods
- If the event consists of selling goods of any type, a Business License for the City must be uploaded to the online reservation system 2 (two) weeks prior to the event or sales will not be allowed.
- If the event consists of selling food of any type, a Santa Clara County Health Department Permit must be uploaded to the online reservation system 2 (two) weeks prior to the event.
- Print or digital advertisement flyer(s) distributed to promote the event must be uploaded to the online reservation system with the original reservation request.
- The flyer must include the following information: Organization name(s), location(s), time(s), date(s), and cost(s) for the event(s).
- Use of Drones, when students are not on campus, may be approved. Please submit a completed Drone Use Permit Request to Iris Salazar. Rental of the field or location for drone use is required through Facilitron. All fees apply for facility rentals.
Online Facility Rentals
Santa Clara Unified School District is pleased to announce a new, online facility rental system, designed to provide a convenient and accessible user experience for requesting facility use. With the new system, reservation requests can be submitted easily and will be handled more efficiently. Renters will be able to access photos and descriptions, see real-time availability, get estimated quotes, and pay online.
Facilitron is responsible for the collection of Certificates of Insurance as well as payment for facility uses. All payments will be processed through Facilitron. Payment options include PayPal, major credit cards, ACH/eCheck, and traditional checks. Proof of insurance (COI) can be conveniently uploaded into the platform, and/or it can be obtained directly through Facilitron.
To view our available facilities, please visit the Facilitron website.
For information about how to use the system, please refer to the Quick Start Guide.
If you need any assistance setting up an account and/or in placing a facility use request, please contact Facilitron at email@example.com, or by calling them directly at (800) 272-2962.
Approval to rent Santa Clara Unified School District facilities does not constitute access to promote your organization's services to families or staff in our District. For more information about the flyer approval policy and process, please review our flyer distribution webpage.