What is Wellness?
SCUSD Wellness creates a caring and connected culture to positively impact academic success and build capacity for social-emotional growth. As part of an integrated team, Wellness provides resources, advocacy, and education to address the ever-changing needs of our diverse school communities.
Through connection and collaboration, Wellness ensures all SCUSD community members have access to resources and support for emotional and academic growth.
Summer Mental Health Support
While we are unable to offer Wellness Check-in Appointments during summer, we continue to provide support for those students and families who may feel additional stress and anxiety. We have partnered with CareSolace, to provide students and families with assistance in finding local mental health-related programs and counseling services. In addition, our Family Resource Center is available during the summer to provide resources.
If this is a medical or mental health emergency, please contact the following sources immediately:
- 911 or visit your nearest hospital emergency room if you can get there safely
- Crisis Text Line: text "home" to 741-741 - This is for crisis intervention
- Support Text Line: text “support” to 741-741 - This is for non-emergency support
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Tele-Interpreters service available for over 150 languages
- Santa Clara County Suicide & Crisis Hotline
Languages spoken: English and Spanish
- Bill Wilson Center
Crisis Line: 408-850-6125
24/7 Youth Hotline: 1-888-247-7717
An instant messaging teen chat line Monday-Friday 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. on the Bill Wilson Center website, select "Chat 4 Teens" (bottom left under "All Services").
- Please view this resource from the National Association of School Psychologists about talking to children about COVID-19.