Mental Health Resources
- Helpguide.org - This website offers information on various mental health challenges as well as topics related to one's social emotional wellbeing. It contains articles adapted from Harvard Health Publications, the consumer health publishing division of Harvard Medical School.
- National Institute for Mental Health - This website provides a wide range of information covering a vast array of mental health issues.
- Anxiety and Depression - This site contains a wealth of knowledge and information regarding Anxiety and Depression, including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- National Eating Disorder Association - This website hosts information regarding eating disorders, help and support and helplines.
Other Helpful Resources
For Elementary Age:
- KidsHealth for Kids - This site contains information regarding the body, health and safety, and lots, lots more!
For Middle and High School Age:
- KidsHealth for Teens - This website contains information regarding the body, mental health, drugs & alcohol and lots, lots more!
- Connectsafely - This site provides a wide range of internet safety tips for today's teens.
- Advocates for Youth - A site that provides a huge amount of information. Check out the Topics & Issues section for information on any topic you may be interested in.
- Peace It Together - Located close to Downtown Santa Clara and the University, Peace It Together provides private and group counseling services for a variety of areas.
For Parents and Families:
- KidsHealth for Parents - A helpful site providing information regarding Health, Growth and Development, Nutrition, Mental Health and lots more for the family
- Bill Wilson Center - "Bill Wilson Center provides services to more than 5,100 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County through our various programs. Additionally, we reach more than 32,000 clients through our Street Outreach and crisis line programs. Bill Wilson Center programs focus on housing, education, counseling, and advocacy."
- YourTeenMag - A site encompassing information in all areas regarding raising a teenager. It includes social and social life, family and college information.
- Understood - A site that provides insights into what a child may struggle with. Search by specific issues or conditions.
- TeenSafe - Parenting Guide to Tech Safety
- Themoreyouknow - This site contains PSAs and Ebooks under a variety of tops relevant to today's families, communities and our kids.
- Safekids - This website provides suggestions on keeping children safe in different situations. The information is organized both by topics and by age groups.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - This is the site for the Santa Clara County chapter of the NAMI. It contains local resources including support groups and educational programs.
- Screen Time Reality Check - This NPR article regarding kids and screen time is an interesting and informative read.
- Bullying - This article, by Huffington Post, differentiates the difference between Rude, Mean and Bullying.
- Hand In Hand - A website supporting parents with insights, skills and tools to build meaningful relationships with their children.
- Rebekah Children's Services - This site includes resources regarding a vast array of topics: Adoption, Foster Care, Residential Treatment, Mental Health, and tons more!
- Seneca - This Family of Agencies offers resources in the areas of Mental Health, Education, Permanency and Innovation.
- Social Services Agency, County of Santa Clara - This website is home to resources such as Crisis/Emergency Services, Health Services, Housing programs, even a LGBTQ section.
*** If someone is in immediate danger, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. ***
- The Society for Preventing Teen Suicide - This website provides information for teens, parents and educators on ways to prevent suicide among teenagers.
- Crisisline.Org - For those who prefer to text instead of calling a crisis line, there is a service listed on this site for someone to do so.
Crisis Phone Numbers
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- English: 1-800-273-TALK(8225)
- Spanish: 1-888-628-9454
- Tele-Interpreters service available for over 150 languages
- Santa Clara County Suicide & Crisis Hotline
- Toll-Free: 1-855-278-4204
- Available 24hour/7days.
- Languages spoken: English and Spanish
- Bill Wilson Center
- Crisis Line: 408-850-6125
- 24/7 Youth Hotline: 1-888-247-7717
- An instant messaging teen chat line Monday-Friday 5pm-9pm on their website at billwilsoncenter.org Select "Chat 4 Teens" - Bottom Left under All Services.
Drugs & Alcohol
- Department of Alcohol and Drug Services - This is a Santa Clara Valley Medical service. It includes a Policy and Procedure Manual. They offer a range of treatment ranging from Outpatient, Residential and Prevention Services.
- drugpolicy.org - "Safety First: A Reality-Based Approach to Teens and Drugs" provides parents with the tools to evaluate and discuss strategies for protecting their teenagers from substance abuse. It is available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Hebrew, Russian, Czech and Greek.
- Drugfree.org - This website provides tips for parents to address drug and alcohol issues with their teens, from prevention to intervention. There is a link to the Spanish site on the upper left corner of the home page.
- Youthspace.org - The LGBTQ Youth Space is a program of Family & Children Services. It offers local resources for LGBTQ youth and young adults ages 13-25 in Santa Clara County.
- LYRIC - "LYRIC's mission is to build community and inspire positive social change through education enhancement, career trainings, health promotion and leadership development with LGBTQQ youth their families and allies of all races, classes, genders and abilities."
- Billy DeFrank Center - Located on The Alameda, A short walk from the Shark Tank, the Billy DeFrank Center is a great LGBTQ resource. They hold events to promote learning and awareness in our community. This is an 18 and over Community Center.
- Outlet - Based out of Redwood City, Outlet, as part of ACS (Adolescent Counseling Services) "builds safe and accepting communities through support, education, and advocacy. Outlet envisions a world that embraces, empowers, and celebrates LGBTQQ+ youth."
- PFLAG - Aptly named, this site includes a ton of information for Parents, Families, Friends, LQBTQ People and Allies.
- GSA Network - The Gay Straight Alliance Network is based out out SF, but serves all of California. GSA Network "is a youth-led organization that connects school-based Gay-Straight Alliances (GSAs) to each other and community resources. Through peer support, leadership development, and training, GSA Network supports young people in starting, strengthening, and sustaining GSAs."
- COLAGE - This organization includes programs and information for LGBTQ youth, youth with LGBTQ parents, LGBTQ parent and parents of LGBTQ youth. There is something for everyone on this site.
- Family Equality Council - "Family Equality Council is changing attitudes and policies to ensure all families are respected, loved, and celebrated — especially those with parents who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer."
- Guardianship - This Self-Help Guide, provided by the Superior Court of California, includes information regarding Guardianship, specific to the County of Santa Clara.
- Victim Assistance - This website is full of available local services, and advocates.
- Legal Aid Society - This organization provides resources to Santa Clara County, covering Family Law, Immigration, Housing and Domestic Violence, to name a few.
- Office of Immigrant Relations - This site includes information and support in Santa Clara County including local resources, non-legal resources, national resources, etc.
- Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI) - This site offers a wide range of programs and services including Health, Recovery, Advocacy and more.
- Christian Counseling Center - Offering counseling services and events for all walks of life.
- Gardner Health Services - This group has been providing health services to the Alviso area since 1967.
Health Services Resources
- Kaiser - This website contains links to Kaiser's Health and Wellness programs.
- California Department of Health Care Services - This site includes resources for youth/child health care, adult health care, Medi-Cal and Denti-Cal and much more!
- Please check out our Health Services Page for more information.
- For Homeless Shelters, by area - This is searchable website for homeless shelters, service organizations, Rent assistance programs and freebies.
- Santa Clara County Housing - (877) 428-8844 - On this website, you can search for rental properties in Santa Clara County.
- City of Santa Clara Emergency Housing - This site includes a list of Emergency Housing Options in Santa Clara and the surrounding area.
- Housing Authority - This site is full of information regarding types of housing and available programs here in Santa Clara County.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for on this list, please reach out to your school site Wellness Coordinator for more information regarding local resources.