Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will begin on December 1, 2022.
New student enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year is ongoing throughout the year. New student enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year opens on December 1, 2022, and continues throughout the school year.
- Children enrolling for the 2022-2023 school year in Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1, 2022. For the 2022-2023 school year, SCUSD offers Transitional Kindergarten (TK) to children who turn 5 between September 2, 2021, and February 2, 2022.
- Children enrolling for the 2023-2024 school year in Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1, 2023. For the 2023-2024 school year, SCUSD offers Transitional Kindergarten (TK) to children who turn 5 between September 2, 2022, and April 2, 2023.
All new students must enroll through our online enrollment system. If you need assistance completing a new student registration please contact the Enrollment Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (408) 423-3596.
Required Documents for New Students
Before you begin the new student registration on our online enrollment system we recommend that you gather all the necessary documents listed below. Make sure you have all the required documents ready and saved on the computer/laptop from which you are applying. If you are applying from your smartphone you will have to save a photograph of each document on your camera roll. Please make sure all files are legible, clear scans of the original documents in PDF, JPEG, JPG, or PNG file format.
One of the following is required: birth certificate, baptism certificate, passport, or custodian of the minor (original copy must be uploaded).
Proof of Residency Documents
Students who currently live within the Santa Clara Unified School District residency boundaries are eligible to attend our schools. Parent/Guardian will need to present current required documentation as listed on the SCUSD Approved Proof of Residency Document.
Immunization Records (as is age-appropriate)
Immunization record must contain the student's name and date of birth. The following immunization must be administered as is age-appropriate: Polio, DTP, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, and Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
Proof of TB Risk Assessment or TB Test
Required for new students registering for preschool - 12th grade. The Risk Assessment for School Entry form must be filled out and signed by a United States (US) medical provider, or provide proof of a completed TB skin test or blood test done in the US 12 months prior to school entry.
- TB Skin Test (TST/PPD) must show date given, date read (48-72 hours later), millimeter (mm) reading, and impression.
- If test results are positive, they may start school, but must provide chest x-ray results (completed in the US within 12 months) within 20-45 days after starting school.
Additional Information (if applicable)
- Report Card/Transcript from previous school attended
- Current IEP
- Current 504 Plan
- Court Restraining Order
- Court Custody Agreement
Once you have gathered all the required documents, please complete the new student registration on our online enrollment system and uploaded all the necessary documents.
Once you have all of your documentation ready, visit our online enrollment system to enroll.
Additional Documents Due After Enrollment
Oral Health Exam (Kindergarten Only)
The Oral Health Exam can be performed by your child’s dentist up to 12 months prior to school entry and must be completed no later than May 31 of the child's first school year.
- Oral Health Assessment Form - English (Kindergarten only)
- Oral Health Assessment Form - Español (Kindergarten only)
- Oral Health Letter - English
- Oral Health Letter - Español
Report of Health Examination for School Entry (CHDP) (1st Grade)
To protect the health of children, California law required a health examination on school entry. The health exam may be performed by your child’s physician 18 months prior or up to 90 days after enrolling in first grade.
All students currently enrolled in preschool through 12th grade and in our post-secondary program will need to complete the Annual Student Information Update through our online enrollment system in June. You must complete the annual student information update in order for your child to start school on the first day of school. The annual student information update allows families to update parent/guardian contact information, emergency contacts, student health information, and electronically sign yearly consent forms.
You can schedule an appointment by contacting the Enrollment Center at (408) 423-3596, email@example.com, or using our Google Appointment Calendar.