View: Board Meeting Calendar
- With a few exceptions due to school holiday breaks, board meetings are held on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month.
- Dates, times, and locations may change. Refer to the meeting agenda for start times for any scheduled Work Study Session, Closed Session, or Open Session. Final meeting information can be found on the meeting agenda 72 hours before the meeting.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are posted 72 hours before a regular board meeting. For archived meeting agendas and minutes not available on BoardDocs, email email@example.com.
Board meetings are being held in person:
Santa Clara Unified School District
District Office Board Room
1889 Lawrence Road
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Per Board Policy 9323, members of the public are encouraged to attend board meetings and to address the board concerning any item on the agenda or within the board's jurisdiction. So as not to inhibit public participation, persons attending board meetings shall not be requested to sign in, complete a questionnaire, or otherwise provide their name or other information as a condition of attending the meeting.
In order to conduct district business in an orderly and efficient manner, the board requires that public presentations to the board comply with the following procedures:
Members of the public will be given an opportunity to address the board either before or during the board’s consideration of each business item to be discussed at regular or special meetings. Note that this does not include ceremonial items and other non-business items. Members of the public who wish to address the board are provided one comment opportunity per agenda item, with two ways to do so:
- In writing via email
Submit your comment on an agenda item in writing by emailing your comment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The public comment email address opens 30 minutes prior to the meeting, which aligns to acceptance of comments prior to the pandemic, and individuals who wish to submit their comment in writing may do so until the public comment period closes. Include the agenda item you are speaking to in the email subject line (examples: “Unagendized” or “Item C.1”). Comments for each board meeting will be collated and provided in writing to the board members and superintendent.
Submit your comment on an agenda item in person in two ways.
- Physically in person at the District Office
- Virtually through the Board Meeting Zoom Webinar*
Due to the complications of managing the microphones for the two venues, we will take in-person public comment by venue, closing each venue before opening the next. We will take public comment first from audience members attending the meeting in person and then from those attending virtually through Zoom.
* You may access the webinar using a computer, tablet, or smartphone, or by phone by dialing (669) 900-9128. Use the “raise hand” feature to indicate that you would like to make a comment when indicated to do so during the agenda item. To "raise your hand" by phone, press *9. You will be called on and your microphone will be unmuted so that you can make your comment. Zoom Webinar's "audience speak" feature requires Client Version 3.0 or higher: Download the latest Zoom client.
In order to complete the business of the meeting in a timely manner, individual speakers will be allowed two (2) minutes to address the board once on each agenda item, and the board will limit the total time for public input on each item to 20 minutes. When necessary to ensure full opportunity for public input, the board president may, with board consent, adjust the amount of time allowed for public input and/or the time allotted for each speaker.
The public should note that, while we value and want to receive public feedback, board members are prohibited from commenting on, discussing, or taking action on items that are not on the meeting’s agenda. The board may provide a reference to staff or other resources for factual information, ask staff to report back to the board at a subsequent meeting concerning any matter, or take action directing staff to place a matter of business on a future agenda.
Spanish translation is offered both at the District Office and through the Board Meeting Zoom Webinar. In the webinar, click on “Interpretation” and select "Spanish" to listen to the Spanish audio line.
Recordings made at the direction of the board during open board meetings are public records. They shall be kept for 30 days and upon request shall be made available for inspection by members of the public.